WSET Level 3 Online Distance Learning Course
Course Cost: £480.00 including Exam Fee, Course Materials and Guided Tasting Session
candidate’s personal data will only be collected from The Wine Wise Company in the
context of examination registrations and/or certification claims. It will not
be used by The Wine Wise Company or WSET Awards other than for the
administration of the examinations process, conducting assessments and
Exam Venue: Sutton Coldfield
Guided Tasting Session Venue: Sutton Coldfield
Other venues under development
The WSET Level 3 Award in Wines qualification is designed to develop wine knowledge and analytical skills in both theory and tasting ability. It is an advanced level qualification aimed at industry professionals and wine enthusiasts and is the gateway to the flagship WSET Diploma qualification.
How does it work?
Studying with The Wine Wise Company provides you with:
- Access to our exclusive Online Course which provides fact sheets, practice multi choice questions, research questions, video tutorals, mock assessments and a practice theory paper.
- Online guidance on exam technique and assessment requirements.
- WSET Level 3 studypack containing a textbook, workbook, Level 3 SAT card and a course specification booklet.
- A list of recommended wines to sample to enhance your understanding of wine styles.
- An invitation to a Guided Tasting Session where you will blind taste 4 wines following the Systematic Approach to Tasting to prepare you for the exam. You will be able to meet your tutor and ask any other questions you may have prior to the exam. A schedule of tasting sessions can be found here
- Tutor support is available throughout the course.
Exams are held in Sutton Coldfield. Dates can be found in the Exam Schedule (coming soon) although it may be possible to arrange your exam on alternative dates to suit your diary. Please ask your tutor.
The exam consists of 2 parts
1) A blind Tasting Exam of 2 Wines - 1 red and 1 white. You are required to write a tasting note on these wines. (30 mins)
2) A two part Theory Exam - 50 multiple choice questions and 4 short written answer questions. (2 hours).
Results are issued 8-9 weeks after the exam date.
For further course information, please click here
The Online Course comprises of 8 modules (stages) as follows:
S1 - Vineyard
S2 –Winery & Wine Consumption
S3 – France
S4 – Spain/Italy
S5 – Rest of Europe
S6 – New World
S7 – Sparkling & Fortified
S8 – Exam Technique and Tasting Guidance
How to Book
This qualification is open to holders of the WSET Level 2 Award. You may be asked to provide evidence of your exam outcome.
Please download the booking form featured at the top of the page and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, please send an email to email@example.com giving your name, address and date of birth. You will then receive an invoice giving payment details.
Once your booking has been processed, you will receive an email giving details of how to access the online course, tutor contact details and notification of the dispatch of your studypack.
You are able to contact your tutor at anytime throughout the course via email. Telephone or Skype tutorials can be booked if required.