WSET LEVEL 2 AWARD IN WINES
PRE COURSE REQUIREMENTS
No previous knowledge or qualifications required. Please note: it is NOT necessary to hold the WSET Level 1 certificate.
RECOMMENDED STUDY HOURS
WSET Studypack - Textbook & Workbook, SAT Tasting Card
Online Learning Support including Mock Assessments and feedback.
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines is a comprehensive introduction to the world of wines. The course is designed to introduce the major grape varieties used to make quality wine throughout the world's wine regions.
The syllabus covers grape growing and wine making techniques, storage and service of wine together with a focus on food and wine pairing. Tasting is a key feature of the course and you will learn how to taste wine according the the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting.
- Understand the environmental influences and grape-growing options in the vineyard and how these will impact the style and quality of wine.
- Understand how winemaking and bottle ageing influence the style and quality of wine.
- Understand how environmental influences, grape-growing options, winemaking and bottle ageing influence the style and quality of wines made from the principal grape varieties.
- Know the style and quality of wines produced from regionally important black and white grape varieties.
- Understand how the production process can influence the styles of sparkling and fortified wines.
- Understand the key principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine, and in the pairing of food and wine.
Core Subject Areas:
- Storage and Service of Wine, Tasting Technique & Wine Faults, Food & Wine Matching
- Grape Growing & Wine Making, Wine Labels
- Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc & Riesling
- Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon & Merlot
- Other White Grape Varieties
- Other Black Grape Varieties
- Italian Grapes and Wines
- Sparkling and Fortified Wine
Distance Learning (Online) Course
Start anytime and study online at your own pace and sit your exam online or at one of our Exam Centres. The subject areas are delivered over 8 Modules which contain tutorials, tasting videos, fact sheets, quizzes and a mock assessment module. You are also invited to attend our viirtual tasting and theory sessions. For the tastings sessions, just bring a bottle following the set theme and join the conversation. The theory sessions focus on a specific wine region or style in detail. Click here for the up to date Tasting Schedule.
Distance Learning Course Fee - £245.00
Click here for further online course information
Classroom Course - **Currently Unavailable**
Please contact us at anytime to make a booking or enquire further about the course.
Tel: 07804 494083
Or alternatively, click here for our Contact Form