WSET LEVEL 2 AWARD IN WINES
New Students - The new WSET Level 2 in Wines will be available after 31 January 2020
Current Students - Please remember that all WSET Level 2 in Wines and Spirits exams must be completed by 31 January 2020.
PRE COURSE REQUIREMENTS
No previous knowledge or qualifications required. Please note: it is NOT necessary to hold the WSET Level 1 certificate.
RECOMMENDED STUDY HOURS
28 hours in total. (Classroom Courses: 14 Classroom Hours and 14 Home Study Hours)
WSET Studypack - Textbook & Workbook, SAT Tasting Card
Online Learning Support including Mock Assessments and feedback.
Classroom: Wine Samples
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines is a comprehensive introduction to the world of wines. The course is designed to introduce the major grape varieties used to make quality wine throughout the world's wine regions.
The syllabus covers grape growing and wine making techniques, storage and service of wine together with a focus on food and wine pairing. Tasting is a key feature of the course and you will learn how to taste wine according the the WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting.
- Understand the environmental influences and grape-growing options in the vineyard and how these will impact the style and quality of wine.
- Understand how winemaking and bottle ageing influence the style and quality of wine.
- Understand how environmental influences, grape-growing options, winemaking and bottle ageing influence the style and quality of wines made from the principal grape varieties.
- Know the style and quality of wines produced from regionally important black and white grape varieties.
- Understand how the production process can influence the styles of sparkling and fortified wines.
- Understand the key principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine, and in the pairing of food and wine.
Core Subject Areas:
- Storage and Service of Wine, Tasting Technique & Wine Faults, Food & Wine Matching
- Grape Growing & Wine Making, Wine Labels
- Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc & Riesling
- Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon & Merlot
- Other White Grape Varieties
- Other Black Grape Varieties
- Italian Grapes and Wines
- Sparkling and Fortified Wine
Distance Learning (Online) Course
Start anytime and study online at your own pace and sit you exam at one of our Exam Centres. The subject areas are delivered over 8 Modules which contain tutorials, tasting videos, fact sheets, quizzes and a mock assessment module. Payment details are on the booking form and it is possible to arrange payment by instalments.
Distance Learning Course - £210.00
Click here for further information
Classroom Course - £410.00 - see Events Calendar for upcoming courses
The course is delivered in small groups in a relaxed home-based classroom environment in Sutton Coldfield, occasionally joined by Charlie the Wine Dog. The course is delivered over 4 days where we look at the course content and sample corresponding wines. Tea and coffee are provided, please bring a packed lunch with you.
The Exam consists of a 50 multiple choice paper in a 60 minute timeframe. Results are issued approximately 2 weeks after the exam date. Exams are sat on Day 4 or can be arranged at an alternative date to suit your study schedule.
Classroom students will have access to our exclusive WSET Level 2 online support course containing practice multiple choice questions and mock assessments. Due to the tasting element of the classroom courses, all attendees must be aged over 18.
To discuss your requirements or book a course directly, please contact us on 07804 494083 or email firstname.lastname@example.org