WSET Level 2 Award in WINES
- Sutton Coldfield
- Start: 04/05/2022 at 19:00
- End: 22/06/2022 at 21:15
- £480.00 per person
Join us for an 8 evening session detailed introduction to the world of wines. The course looks at the growing and wine making techniques of major grape varieties and how these are applied in wine producing regions of the world. We discover how to serve, taste and recognise different styles of wines, together with a look at the principles of wine and food pairing. The course concludes with an exam of 50 multiple choice questions.
Location: Sutton Coldfield
Entry Requirements: None
NB: A range of wines will be tasted during the course. Anyone under the age of 18 will not be permitted to sample the wines but can otherwise complete the qualification.
- Tasting Techniques
- Food and Wine Pairing
- Factors influencing the production of Red Wines
- Factors influencing the production of White, Sweet and Rose Wines
- White Grape Varieties - characteristics and wine producing regions
- Red Grape Varieties - characteristics and wine producing regions
- Sparkling Wines
- Fortified Wines
The course ends with a 50 multiple choice questions paper which must be completed in 60 minutes. The minimum pass mark is 55% (70%=Merit, 85%=Distinction) and results are issued within 4-6 weeks. You will receive a certificate and lapel badge upon a successful outcome.