WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits - Course Information
No previous knowledge required.
No pre-course reading required. Course completed in approx 6/7 hours
Classroom: Spirit samples
Classroom: Cocktail ingredients
The WSET Level 1 Spirits Course is a wonderful introduction to the diverse world of spirits. The syllabus introduces you to the technique of distillation and the characteristics of the spirits produced from these methods.
The program aims to introduce product knowledge of the main spirit categories, service and storage of spirits and cocktails, together with a responsible approach to the consumption of alcohol.
The training culminates in a 45 minute, 30 multiple choice question paper and results are issued 2 weeks after the paper has been completed.
By the time you have completed this program you will be able to:
- Describe the processes used in the production of spirits
- Name and describe the major spirit categories
- Be able to state the base ingredients used in each category
- Understand the processes of how spirits are processed post distillation to give their defining characteristics.
- Recognise how to store and serve spirits
- Understand the concepts of quality cocktails making
- Use the Level 1 WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting to produce simple tasting records
- Discuss the socially responsible aspect of selling, serving and consuming alcohol.
Core Subject Areas
- Overview of Spirits Production
- Flavours Spirits and Liqueurs
- Storage and Service of Spirits
Distance Learning (Online) Course
Start anytime and study online at your own pace and sit your exam at one of our Exam Centres. The subject areas are delivered over 4 Modules which contain tutorials, tasting videos, key definitions, quizzes and a mock assessment module. Payment details are on the booking form and it is possible to arrange payment by instalments.
Distance Learning Course Fee - £135.00
Click here for more online course information
Course Fee: £165.00pp - see Event Calendar for upcoming courses
Delivered in small groups (Max 4) in a relaxed home-based classroom environment in Sutton Coldfield, occasionally joined by Charlie the Wine Dog. The course is completed in one full day or two half days where we look at the course content and sample corresponding spirits. Tea and coffee are provided, please bring a packed lunch with you.
The 45 minute, 30 multiple choice exam paper is held at the end of the tutor session.
Due to the tasting element of this course, all attendees should be over 18. However, it is possible to take the course and exam before turning 18 without the consumption of the tasting samples.
Please contact us at anytime to learn more about the course and to discuss your requirements. To book a place on a course, please contact email@example.com
candidate’s personal data will only be collected from The Wine Wise Company in the
context of examination registrations and/or certification claims. It will not
be used by The Wine Wise Company or WSET Awards other than for the
administration of the examinations process, conducting assessments and