WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits - Course Information
No previous knowledge required.
No pre-course reading required. Course completed in approx 6/7 hours
Choice of Online or Classroom Exam
The WSET Level 1 Spirits Course is a wonderful introduction to the diverse world of spirits. The syllabus introduces you to the technique of distillation and the characteristics of the spirits produced from these methods.
The program introduces the main spirit categories, service and storage of spirits and cocktails, together with a responsible approach to the consumption of alcohol.
The training culminates in a 45 minute, 30 multiple choice question paper and results are issued 6-8 weeks after the paper has been completed.
By the time you have completed this program you will be able to:
- List and state the purpose of the main production processes and stills commonly used in the production of spirits.
- Name the principal categories and types of spirits and aromatised wines and state their defining characteristics.
- Know the principles used to create a balanced cocktail and name some core cocktail families.
Core Subject Areas
- An Overview of Spirit Production
- Caribbean Rum
- Flavoured Spirits and Aromatised Wines
- How to Taste Spirits
- Mixing with Spirits
Distance Learning (Online) Course
Start anytime and study online at your own pace and sit your exam online or at one of our Exam Centres. The subject areas are delivered over 4 Modules which contain tutorials, tasting videos, key definitions, quizzes and a mock assessment module. Payment details are on the booking form and it is possible to arrange payment by instalments.
Distance Learning Course Fee - £135.00
Click here for more online course information
Upcoming Classroom Course:
Friday 8th October 9.00am-5.00pm
Please see Events Page for full information
To request a booking form or to find out more information, please contact us:
Tel: 07804 494083
Or alternatively, click here for our Contact Form