WSET Level 1 Award in Wines
Classroom Course - £140.00pp - see Events Calendar for upcoming courses
Distance Learning Course - Coming 2019...
No previous knowledge required.
RECOMMENDED STUDY HOURS
No pre-course reading required. Course completed in 6/7 hours
Classroom: Wine samples
Classroom: Food samples for wine pairing
Level 1 Course is a fantastic introduction to the world of wine. The syllabus introduces
you to the technique of tasting wine and the characteristics of well known grape varieties used to produce wine. The program aims to provide the basic
product knowledge and skills in the service and storage of wines, together with
a responsible approach to the consumption of alcohol. The syllabus is completed with food and wine pairing. The exam is a 45 minute, 30 multiple choice question
paper with result being issued 2 weeks after the exam date.
By the time you have completed this programme you will be able to:
- Describe the procedures for the receipt, storage and sale of wine
- Display a basic understanding of factors of light, sparkling and fortified wines
- Understand the main considerations when serving wine
- Describe in general terms the main characteristics of the principle grape varieties
- Use the Level 1 WSET Systematic Approach to Tasting to produce simple tasting records
- State the correct service temperature, equipment and glassware for the service of wine
- Offer basic food and wine matching advice
Discuss the socially responsible aspect of selling, serving and consuming alcohol
Delivered in small groups
(Max 4) in a relaxed home-based classroom environment in Sutton Coldfield, occasionally joined by
Charlie the Wine Dog.
The 45 minute, 30 multiple choice exam paper is held at the
end of the tutor sessions.
Due to the tasting element of this course, all attendees should be over 18. However, it is possible to sit the exam before turning 18 without the consumption of the tasting samples.
Please contact us find out more about the course and to discuss your requirements. To book a place on a course, please complete the BOOKING FORM and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org
candidate’s personal data will only be collected from The Wine Wise Company in the
context of examination registrations and/or certification claims. It will not
be used by The Wine Wise Company or WSET Awards other than for the
administration of the examinations process, conducting assessments and